Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My least favorite chore...

More than anything I do not like grocery shopping. I don't like the preparation, I don't like actually going and I don't like putting everything away. I usually shop for one month of groceries at a time, which makes for a horrific day, but I get it out of the way and then I only have to do it 12 times a year and that seems managable for me. Normally I plan to go grocery shopping in the evening when Brian is home so I don't have to take any kids with me. This month however, that didn't work out. I had to go during the day, with two kids, in the snow and feeling and looking more and more pregnant every day! I was anticipating a nightmare of a day, but was happy to have a different experience. Kelli had a horrible attitude that morning and for some reason as we entered our first store, she had a complete attitude change that lasted the rest of the day. I was so proud of her and she was a big help! I had Emily in a backpack so that makes it difficult to bend over to get things on lower shelves, so it actually proved quite useful to have a little one that could get those items for me! Our last stop was Walmart and they were starting to get restless so I got some popcorn chicken and that kept them both happy while I finished up! Then at the check out, Emily had had enough of the backpack, but I needed her to be restrained while I finished unloading the cart. So I grabbed a container of those mini oreos for Kelli to open and share with Emily. I was scared to know the mess that was being made in the backpack and on my back and in my hair, but it worked and we made it through our morning! Normally I can get the shopping all done in 2 hours, this day....4 and a half hours!!! But we survived and least until we got home. After we got home, my body said...you are done for the day! I got the groceries put away, but then curled up in a chair and watched tv the rest of the day! No more shopping with kids, especially with one on my back! =) I had to grab these photo when we got home....Just glad we ended with smiles instead of tears!

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

THE SULLINS said...

CUTE pics Kori. I just love poking around on you and the sisters blogs. So thankful to be able to keep up with their lives. I said to Nikki that all you girls are such great moms!! Makes ME PROUD (and i'm not even your mama) :)Thanks for sharing!!!!